Friday, March 2, 2012

A Montana Birthday and Dr. Seuss-isms


My brother's wife also has a sister named Jenn so I'm lovingly referred to as "Daddy's Jenn".  
I turned 44 today and had the extreme pleasure of celebrating with my brother's family....his wife, Gwen, and their two children, Ellie (10) and Jared (7).  I think the last time I celebrated my birthday in my hometown was probably in 1992 - the year I left and moved down South.

My nephew, Jared, reminded me that I share a birthday with the famed Dr. Seuss!

Jared:  "Auntie Jenn, do you know who's birthday is coming up?"
Me:  "Who?"
Jared:  "Dr. Seuss!...do you know how many books he has written?"
Me:  "Hmmmm.....24?"
Jared:  "Nope"
Me:  "39?"
Jared: "Nope"
Me: "56?"
Jared: "Nope"
Me:  "74?"
Jared: "Nope"
Me: "OK, so how many?"
Jared:  "Well, I don't know but it's a lot"

I looked it up later - 44 books (for children, that is).  Hey, that's how old I am!

Last night, we all went out to dinner at an Asian grill and it was a really fabulous time!  The kids found some interesting chairs in one of the rooms and we thought they were appropriately Seuss-ical!!


They had a lovely surprise for me when we got home!









Photobucket

1 comment:

Shay said...

Happy Birthday Jenn. It looks like you had a wonderful day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails