Sunday, March 4, 2012

Bathroom Renovation Progress


I think this has been my main goal during this bathroom renovation project!  Oh my wits!!  Where are they when you need them????

I wanted to show you some of the starting pictures of the bathrooms to the demolition and finally to where we are now - heading toward the finish line.

Here are some pictures taken before the project started

Hall bath - overhead view


Master bath - from master bedroom doorway - super small shower to the left

Here you can see the demolition of the shower - we had to take a sledge hammer to it!

The two bathrooms are basically side-by-side as you can tell once we've torn down a few walls along with the old shower


We stole some of the space in the master bedroom (way too large) and expanded both bathrooms into that space, making each a bit larger.


Stood up some walls



The sheetrock is up and we finished laying the ceramic tile yesterday.


I went to take a picture of the ceramic tile progress in the shower and noticed a BIG boo-boo...can you see it down towards the bottom of the picture?



One lonely little pale tile set the previous day.  We had to saw the tile in half diagonally and then pry from the middle to get it out, followed by lots of chipping and scraping to get the hardened mortar off the wall....fun.....BUT, I am glad I found it before we got all finished!

So, I won't bore you with any more construction details, but I will try to post later this week about my sewing adventure with Jared and Ellie.



Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails